Monday, November 5, 2012

Restore Me

The next song I am going to discuss is "Restore Me."  This is among my favorite songs that I have ever written.  This song also includes an intro song that is kind of silly that involves my entire family.  It starts off with the chord pattern with a drum beat that slowly builds.  Eventually, the drum beat starts to lose sync with the song and you hear Zoe say "Daddy?  Something doesn't sound right." (By the way, for those of you that have heard this, there is no such software that I know of called "PC Super Drummer and if there is, I am sure it would work properly).

I reply telling her that I am going to have to call Tech Support to which she says I am pulling out "The Big Guns."

That's where my other daughter Elizabeth comes in.  She plays the role of Technical Support and tells me that I am going to have to do a System Restore.

In disbelief of the simple (standard) tech support solution, I hang up, frustrated because obviously, she was just giving me the standard answer to get me off the phone...and also, she sounded like she was just a kid. (At least she spoke my language, unlike MOST tech support centers these days).

Then you hear my wife's voice as she is playing "The Computer" and says "System Restore Initiated." Yeah, I know...computers don't REALLY say that when you do a system restore...but...they should.

Here are the lyrics, then I'll share more about the song:


Restore Me
(c)2012 - Midiboy Music

I've been on this road for far too long. 
I've lost the melody to Your song
Trying to do this on my own
It's no wonder I'm alone
I remember how it used to be
When I was young and first believed
I trusted You in all I did
But somewhere along the way I slid

Can You restore my first love?
Can You revive me again?
Show me Your unfailing love
Restore the joy of Your salvation

You've shown Your love to me again
You're more faithful then all my friends
You give me only that what's good
Instead of giving me what You should

You restored to me my first love
You revived me again
You show me Your unfailing love
You restored the joy of Your salvation

Restore me. Restore me. Restore me.

-=-=-=-

As someone that works in the IT field, believe it or not, "Reboot your computer" actually does solve a lot of issues.  Not always though.  Sometimes we need to do a System Restore to get the computer back to the same state it was before the errors started to happen.

Same idea for us, really.  We sometimes get stuck in a rut and continue down a path that is not good, or healthy for us as Christians and simply "rebooting" ourselves does not fix this. We sometimes feel like we have lost our "first love" and we think God has abandoned us (Even though it's the other way around).

We need to be restored to how we were before we started going down this wrong path.  With God's grace, we can be restored. Sure, we'll likely have to give up several things that we got used to, but those are likely the things that got us to where we are when we realized we aren't in the right place.

We certainly don't get what we deserve, but because of His mercy, we have received His grace and He gives us what we do NOT deserve instead. Salvation.

That is all.
Gregg

No comments:

Post a Comment