Thursday, November 1, 2012

My Children

Sorry it's been a while since my last update.  Just getting back on my feet from being sick for almost a week. Bleh.

Anyway, the next song from RE:boot that I am going to talk about is "My Children."  Lyrically, it's one of my favorite songs because there is a little "twist" in it.  Truth be told, I wrote the song one day when I was very frustrated with my daughters' behavior (I am sure all parents can relate).

Then I started thinking a little more about it and really, no matter how much they frustrate me, I don't love them any less at all.  There is nothing I wouldn't do for either of them.  Here are the words, then I'll comment a little more at the end.

My Children
(c)2012 - Midiboy Music

Why do they disobey me? When will they ever learn?
My children fight against me. Consequences are no concern
I give them second chances more times than they deserve.
They know just what my stance is, they know I'll never swerve

Yet there's nothing I wouldn't do
There's nothing that they could say
To change the way I feel
Because my love will not betray...

...Even when they disobey me. Perhaps they'll never learn.
As they continue fighting me, consequences still no concern.
They love to try my patience, thst my limits all day long
I'm not on a sin crusade, looking for all they do that's wrong.

One day I know they'll cherish just what I did for them
When my Son did perish, in three days He rose again

Because there's nothing I didn't do...

-=-=-=-

So as you can see, there is a little twist in there.  You think the song is talking about my children, but it's really not.  Because when I wrote this, and was feeling very frustrated, I then started thinking about how God must get frustrated with us.  How many times do we make promises to Him and break them?  How many times must He be disappointed in our behavior?  So I decided to take the song from that point of view to put  my own frustrations into a true perspective. 

He proved He would do anything for us.  He gave us His own Son to perish in our place it we only believe in Him.  How amazing is that?  How AWESOME is He?

That is all.
Gregg

No comments:

Post a Comment