Thursday, October 25, 2012

Heart Thief

The next song I want to discuss is Thief Of Hearts.  Musically, this song is one of my favorites.  I know that several people have told me this is one of their favorites as well. Even though there are not a lot of lyrics to the song, it repeats several verses, and does an almost "round" like bit too, slowly building each time around. It is a rather dark song until the end where it changes modes completely to an almost worshipful tone.  I could have actually made the ending a separate track, but then when people would put it on their MP3 players, if they listen to it in random, they might not hear the second part with the first part, and as it fits so well, I didn't want to chance that, if that makes sense.


Thief Of Hearts
(c)2012 - Midiboy Music

Look inside my heart and see where the pain lives
Look inside my past and see why the pain is
Breathe on me. Breathe on me. Breath of God. Breathe on me

Invade my heart and go where the pain lives.
Steal away my past to remove where the pain is.
Bleed me out. Bleed me dry. Thief of Hearts. Take my life.

During my darkest hour, when I least expect it.
Be a thief in the night, steal this heart so unfit.

Reveal Your power and shed Your light.(Breathe on me)
Reveal Your power, display Your might.(Breath of God)

-=-=-=-


I think I wrote this song after watching an episode of CSI.  Maybe it was another cop / mystery type show.  There was a character who was emotionally scarred and ended up getting hurt in an accident and he said something along the lines of his true pain not being able to be healed as it was in his heart.

Then another character mentions that someone had bled out, and well, that got my brain working and a song was born.

I started thinking about how Jesus is known as a Thief In The Night, and then I started thinking about how Jesus wants our hearts and how in our culture, when we are in love we say "So and so stole our hearts."  Well, if we love Jesus...truly love Jesus, then He in a sense, has stolen our hearts.

That's all.
Gregg

No comments:

Post a Comment