Monday, October 22, 2012

Reboot

The trend lately is to take something we all know and are familiar with and "Reboot" it.  How many movies are actually fresh and new ideas any more?  Sure, there are still some great original ones, but let's be honest, it seems a large percentage of them are Reboots.  Superman was rebooted once only a few years ago and they are rebooting it yet again.  Spiderman has been rebooted.  The list goes on.

Then it got me to thinking, I should "reboot" Midiboy.  It had been 6 years since our last CD and a lot had changed since then::

My wife and I adopted twin girls
New job transition from working IT for a law firm to working IT for an automotive group
Was playing in both a worship band and a classic rock band
The cowriter that I had been working with in Midiboy got very busy with being a doctor

To put it bluntly, I just didn't have time anymore and I felt like I was musically drying up.

I had to quit the classic rock band because the adoption was, honestly, a lot more important to me and I just didn't have time for it at that time. 

After everything finalized, I wanted to back into music again so I thought I would "reboot" Midiboy, and then I started thinking about spiritual implications of rebooting.  These are the lyrics that happened:

Reboot
(c) 2012 - Midiboy Music

My life has become a mess, overloaded with so much stress
I can't see any way through. Tell me, is there anyone Who

Can reboot me. Reboot. Can I please start again?
Reboot. Reboot. How can I start again?

I can't do this on my own. I can't do this all alone.
I need You to see me though. For You are the only one Who

Can reboot me. Reboot. Can I please start again?
Reboot. Reboot. Please help me start again.

When the floods came crashing down
You rescued me so I did not drown
You gave Your life so I might live
But I have nothing worthy to give.
Amazing Grace how sweet the sound
I once was lost but now I am found.
I once was blind but You saw me through
Because You are the only One Who

Can reboot me. Reboot. You helped me start again.
Reboot. Reboot. With You I could start again.

-=-=-=-

I can tell you as a PC Technician, many issues are resolved simply by rebooting. This forces any services to reload, closes any apps that may be hung up, and just can resolve all kinds of issues.  I wish it was that easy in real life, but, in a sense it is.  Sometimes we shut down an important "service" and we need to reboot ourselves to get that service launched again. You know what service I mean. 

That's all.
Gregg

No comments:

Post a Comment